Happy Friday Loves, today is a great day and going to be a even great weekend because ITS MY BIRTHDAY tomorrow. I mean yes no big milestone but still I love a great birthday and a even better celebration. Mark has already spilled the beans about what we will be doing (he knows just in case so that I can plan my looks lol). We will be staying in the city for a night at the standard and going out to dinner which is my perfect little getaway. I am super excited to spend the weekend relaxing, of course eating as many donuts as I can with mimosa in hand and being with my hubby, hey I told you I like to celebrate my birthday to the fullest. So to celebrate to the fullest I am starting the weekend with a bang by getting personal and sharing 34 things about me : )
1. My name is Nicole : ) but when I was born I didn’t have a name. You ask how, well my mom did not have a name planned for me because she couldn’t decide. She actually picked out my name when she was looking through the window of where the babies sleep in the hospital and that’s how I got my name.
2. I am the middle child of 5, and yes I am the middle to the fullest. My older brother and sister are only a year and a day apart and my two youngest sisters are a year and a few days apart. I was always told I was the oops lol. But I know they love me : )
3. Family for me is everything, I owe them everything. Especially my mom she is my absolute hero and inspiration she came to this country pregnant with me all by herself to make a life for us in America. She has surpassed and gone beyond for us to give us such a great life and she still inspires me with her determination. She always says never say never, if you want it you can make it happen.
4. My Brother is Eduardo he is the Golden Child (it’s what we call him), he is the first born and boy so of course lol. Paula is my older sister she has the 3 little cuties you see on my instastories and she is the non-stop sister and I can’t keep up sometimes. Pamela is the second youngest (who just got engaged), she is the quiet shy one but don’t get her mad she can be feisty but I love it (and I love cuddling her even though I can get to cuddly she loves it lol. Stephanie is the baby but damn can this girl talk. Growing up she would always ask why for everything drove us crazy lol. She for sure has a voice and loves a good debate. These are my people and I love them.
5. My dad isn’t my biological dad but he has raised me since I was 10 and I wasn’t the nicest when I met him lol. I ignored him the whole night and told my mom to not date him. I am glad she did he is a wonderful man and has been there for me for over 20 years. Regardless he is my dad through and through.
6. I have lived in New Jersey my whole life and grew up in the same town for over 20 years
7. Dressing up was not only for play for me, I would actually dress up everyday for school. I even asked my mom to get me pearls like hers because I loved them so much and wanted to be like her. I loved the classics early.
8. My mother didn’t let me grow my hair out until almost 6 or 7, she wanted me to always have short hair. I rebelled lol. Now it’s curls curls curls
9. Growing up I hated birthday cakes, sweets, pastries and didn’t have cake or any pastries till almost my teens. And now I can’t walk by a pastry without having a piece my sweet tooth is out of control.
10. My cousin Felipe was my best friend growing, we use to have sleepovers and the first person he would ask to go on vacation would be. So we went to Disney a lot together. Love you cuz
11. I was a cheerleader all through high school and even the Captain my senior year and absolutely had the best time and greatest memories.
12. I am still best friends with my friends from High School, Brittany & Raquel. Love these ladies they have been with me through a lot of highs and lows and I love them. Thanks ladies.
13. I actually left college a month before I was going to graduate, I was looking for a new direction.
14. If I had to pick a year that was my best, I definitely couldn’t. I would pick 25, 26 when I met mark & 30 when I married Mark : )
15. I have worked in fashion for almost 10 years, in both Production & Product Development. I absolutely love it.
16. I met Mark at bar but its a very long story that would take a whole post to write about but it’s all history from there.
17. Mark is actually my photographer, isn’t he so good : )
18. My favorite trip would have to be Greece it was absolutely amazing, my next bucket list location is Italy & Charleston & Cuba (ok its a long bucket list)
19. I am not a fan of loud sounds (I don’t even workout with headphones) I am not sure when it started but its my weird pet peeve. But I do like concerts.
20. I am deathly afraid and do not like rollercoasters. I have gone on them but as I get older I just can’t do it.
21. Dress or Skirt, I can never choose between either but if I need to it would be a Dress
22. Growing up I would rather wear heels than sneakers or sandals but now as I get older they are my go to still but I have learned working in the city you need a good pair of sneakers. I am obsessed with Zara white pair and they go with everything. I actually owned one pair of sneakers in high school and they were my cheerleading shoes lol. But when I was born apparently my mom was able to fit me a shoe box so you could see the love lol.
23. I hate pasta, now this is the biggest conversation when I go anywhere literally. Especially since I want to go to Italy so bad but there is plenty of pizza lol. I haven’t had pasta since almost 17.
18. Pizza and fries are my favorite cheat food besides any type of pastry
19. I have been blogging for a little over 2 years
20. Reality tv is my bad obsession but it’s so good I can’t get enough even though I know it is all so scripted.
21. Mark and I have been married for over 2 years, we eloped and got married in the cutest little winery in California with only immediate family and friends. It was the best day ever.
22. Since we love a good adventure Mark actually proposed to me after we went skydiving. Talk about a rush.
23. We currently live in Hoboken and have for over 4 years. I love it, its our tiny New York.
24. Yes children are in the future. I know everyone keeps asking. We are actually going to start before the end of the year. Mark is probably the only guy I have ever seen that wants kids so bad and that melts my heart. I know he will be the best dad ever.
25. Favorite color is probably my hardest questions to answer because I really can’t choose like really can’t choose. I love them all equally. If I had to choose one absolute favorite it would have to be the rainbow lol.
26. My absolute dream is to be a entrepreneur and follow in my mom’s footsteps and be my own Boss lady.
27. My husband and me actually wake up 5 days a week at 4:45 am to go to the gym. People at my job get a kick out of this but its our normal. If I don’t go then I get to lazy to go after work. It gets me motivated for the day and I love it.
28. I am a total homebody. I love to stay in and sit on the couch and watch bad tv all day.
29. My favorite drink is a nice glass of Pinot Grigio or a White Sangria, I don’t like red wine. Bad experience when I was a kid and mixed up red wine for being coke by accident and didn’t like it since then. I’m weird I know lol.
30. I am not a fan of scary movies at all. I literally close my ears and eyes the whole movie. So I would be the worst date.
31. My husband can sleep anywhere car, plane, bus, train & I am the absolute opposite. We had a 11 our flight back from Greece I didn’t sleep one minute & even overnight flights I can’t sleep I stay up the whole time.
32. I don’t like sugar in my coffee, I haven’t had sugar in my coffee for almost 10 years. Maybe here and there but I don’t like it.
33. I am the worst procrastinator. I literally put everything down to the last minute which 7 out of the 10 times it works out but it’s my bad quality. That I try to get better at it but always falter too.
34. My husbands favorite since I am on the Gemini cusp, I can never make a decision lol. I literally throw out five hundred and takes forever to land on one. I have a lot I like to do or get done in this head.
35. As we all know we always get a extra wish for good luck. For my extra wish I just want to have the best year yet. While every year I learn more and more about myself this year I definitely want to push myself and get out of my comfort zone. I would like to be happier with who I am as a person, friend, wife, sister, & daughter. This is the year that I want to put my best foot forward and push myself to do things that I have not tried or to scared to try. While we can’t accomplish everything at once which I know is impossible I want to strive for that impossible. I can’t complain about the life I have built and how much I have accomplished in my last 34 years but like many I want more for myself and my future family. Here’s to 34 and making it one heck of a good one.
So how did everyone like the getting to know Nicole overload? Hopefully some fun stuff for everyone to read today. And now I am ready to go celebrate. So I hope everyone has a lovely weekend if I am a little MIA super sorry but spending some quality time with the hubs.
Thank you so much for following or just reading along
Sam Edelman heels