When you know it’s Friday and you have that extra pep in your step and jumping for joy it’s finally the weekend. Happy Friday loves we made it another week and after this long week with work I am so in need of a weekend with lots of R&R (and having Mark take a million photos of me lol – hey bloggers never rest right).
So let’s not beat around the bush Spring is on Monday but my mind and my closet are totally feeling everything Spring right now regardless of the actual First day of Spring being next week. I mean mother nature has other plans as far as the forecast actually feeling like Spring but I am just loving all the Spring colors, florals, patterns, fun skirts, OTS tops and a million other things I mean my list can go on forever lol. That my mind is forgetting the frigid temperatures right now on the East Coast but hey beauty is pain sometimes right (ok maybe just for the photo sometimes). I found a great piece that will not only keep you warm on those cooler spring days but is also the perfect transitional piece into Spring, The Tweed Jacket.
With Spring in the midst dressing for this finicky season especially on the East coast can be tricky especially when you are bridging between two seasons that as we know can sometimes be Spring cool one day and then Summer heatwave the next in the matter of a week. I know with warmer temps we are ready to lose all those extra layers especially coats. I do love when I get to just walk outside and not have to think about this extra layer but like I said Spring can be tricky and can still be on the cooler side especially at the beginning of the season.
This is why I am saying let’s not put away those jackets quite yet especially that fun Tweed Jacket (ok don’t be mad trust me you will want to keep this trend in your Spring wardrobe if you haven’t added it already to the Spring Line up).
A Tweed Jacket is a great staple piece that adds a classic chic look to your wardrobe and is a great layering piece to have on those cooler days. Many might think that tweed is very stuffy and to elegant to bring in as a staple piece into a wardrobe but with all the fun updates lately to our tweed classic like fun color combinations, new proportions and silhouettes, as well as some fun embellished details. These fresh new updates take this staple from stuffy to modern day chic.
This Zara frilly tweed jacket (linked below) is the perfect update to that classic tweed jacket. With a pop of Red with the extra frill details throughout make this such a amazing jacket to add to my Spring wardrobe. There are so many ways to play with this jacket from work to weekend casual, which is why I love this amazing Tweed jacket.
So Why add Tweed to your Spring wardrobe
1. It is the perfect transitional piece into Spring. With cooler temps still lingering, we still need to add some kind of coverage and it’s the perfect piece to keep you warm.
2. It adds texture to your wardrobe.
3. It adds a fun print and/or color to your look. In Spring I love to play up with prints and a tweed jacket is the perfect piece to do this with. Whether your piece is like mine with a simple tweed pattern or a multitude of patterns its a fun way to spice up the wardrobe.
4. Not just for your Grandmother anymore. The Tweed jacket has definitely been given quite a chic overhaul in the last few seasons, from updated silhouettes to updated embroidery to fun new prints. This classic look is not just for grandma anymore ladies.
5. Can be worn dressed up or dressed down. Whether you need to wear your tweed for work for a classic put together look or dressed down for a more weekend casual look with jeans and your favorite sneakers. Not only is it seasonally transitional it is also wardrobe transitional.
6. Saving my favorite for last but this is a classic piece that even Coco Chanel won’t say no too. A tweed piece was the Coco Chanel classic that everyone coveted and made any girl feel chic and beautiful. So get the Tweed.
There are so many reasons why every girl needs a great Tweed jacket and I know not for some but I can assure you wont be disappointed in the fun classic. There are so many variations and updated versions that it is fun piece to try and again isn’t only for Grandma anymore.
Loves I hope that you all have a wonderful day and have a wonderful weekend, I am trying to add a additional post on Sunday’s where I round up my posts and looks from the week. What do you think?
Thank you so much for following or just reading along